Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Mar 26, 2008

Touring Eretz Yisrael: Ramat Gan: The Safari

That's right. You read the title correctly... There is a Safari in Israel. No need to go down to Africa to traipse through land populated with dangerous animals. You can do it right here in Israel! In Ramat Gan/Tel Aviv there is a Safari.

My parents are here visiting, so I took the day off and we went to the Safari.

My wife thought this was cute...
and this is the demon ostrich
this giraffe was really cool.. we were feeding him, but not human food - only the leaves he normally eats. He has the longest tongue I have ever seen...

The Muppets want Sam the Eagle back!
You can't see it here, but these guys (elk? gazelle?) had some nasty chest hair... This one guy took a liking to us and kept coming up to my car window...My son thought he was going to ram his horns through the window and kill us all.

and then there was this baby zebra prancing around.....

4 comments:

  1. The critter with chest hair is not an antelope, it's an eland.

    An eland once came over to me and asked me for a brachah. I said, "Eland, eland, bamah avarechecha?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. be honest rafi, how tempted were you to whip out your chalaf in the safari and do some impromptu shehitah

    ReplyDelete
  3. you figured it out!

    As the giraffe was right next to us, I said exactly that to my father - I could have brought my knife and this would be the easiest shechita ever. That led to the classic discussion of why we do not shecht giraffe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...